Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate
Santa Fe Springs, CA /
Warehouse Operations – Warehouse /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opportunity for a Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate to be based out of our warehouse in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan delivery routes to transport finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers; meet delivery schedules
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and notify management if there are any concerns
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retail fuel/toll receipts
- Load/unload product as necessary
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods, etc.) and company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and Proofs of Deliveries
- Report defects, accidents or violations to management
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pick up according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label and ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label and store)
- Perform inventory control and maintain high quality standards for audits; report any discrepancies
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and optimize space utilization
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver and warehouse worker
- Valid California driver's license with no traffic violations(must provide DMV printout)
- Ability to operate company vehicle in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with inventory software, databases and systems
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
- Current forklift license
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational abilities
- Sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve, multitask, and perform during busy times
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.