Vice President of Operations
Santa Fe Springs, CA /
Operations – Operations /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opportunity for an exceptional Vice President of Operations to join our team. Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Operations is responsible for leading our client services, warehousing, manufacturing, and logistics teams. The position is based at our headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to develop, implement, and communicate the operations strategy
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and drive best practices
- Identify, recommend, and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product and service quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop and execute annual operating plans and budgets
- Ensure departmental decisions and project plans are in line with the organization’s business strategy and plan
- Motivate, cultivate, and mentor a high-performing team
- Communicate and advocate operational needs to the internal team
- Partner and collaborate effectively with all functional areas of the business
- Develop and present performance reports and metrics to the leadership team members
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management
Required Experience, Skills, Attributes
- B.A./B.S. degree required; MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of successful senior operations management experience in multi-location manufacturing and distribution environments
- Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and lead successful strategies and tactics to improve operational effectiveness
- and efficiency
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment while adhering to high ethical standards
- Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience with and ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.