Outside Sales Specialist/Key Account Manager - China
Asia – Sales /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opening for an Outside Sales Specialist/Key Account Manager to be based out of China and working from a home office. Under the direction of the Vice President of Asia Pacific, the Key Account Manager - China will actively develop markets across the region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Service existing clients in the region for hospitality, contract, residential and design-develop the markets across the region
- Develop new sales leads
- Manage closing of contracts and standards programs
- Present to key decision makers, influencers, as well as a strong, high-level network (architects, interior designers, hospitality operators and owners) in the high-end furniture industry in Japan
- Drive repeat business and new business development through partnerships and industry contacts
- Meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 3+ years of proven success in a similar position in the region, ideally with high-end hospitality or residential sales. Furniture Industry knowledge is a plus.
- Great business acumen and ability to develop relationships at all organizational levels
- Experience and a sensibility to work effectively within a multicultural environment
- Strong hunter mentality and ability to develop new business relationships
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- High-level proficiency with computers and new technology
- Medium to extensive travel activity required
- B.A. degree or higher preferred
- Excellent English is required. Additional language skills, relevant to the region are a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.