Data Analyst Intern
Brains 2.0 ...Data /
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst enthusiast to join The Jar Team. If you are intellectually curious, if you eat/sleep/drink data and are committed to translating data to insights & insights to actionable work items, want new challenges daily and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of users, this is the role for you!
What is Jar?
Jar is a savings app that helps its users save daily in the form of digital gold — we wish to help Indians rediscover the long-term benefits of habitual daily savings in an era where instant gratification is king.
Jar was founded by Nishchay AG, former director and founding member at mobility start-up Bounce, and Misbah Ashraf, founder of community-focused e-commerce platform Marsplay.
What does Jar do?
Jar is building a micro-wealth management platform, one step at a time — starting with micro savings, financial literacy, micro investments, and encouraging people to habituate the act of saving.
- Developing analysis and reporting capabilities. Assigning a numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Monitoring performance and quality to identify improvements. Optimize existing services and systems, and ensure data quality and source of truth availability.
- Collaborating with other teams to find useful business insights
- Supporting other teams in setting up success metrics for particular products/features
- Working closely with the Project Manager to deliver on business requirements OTIF (ontime in full)
- Working with both Web Analytics and Backend Data analytics
- Quickly learning and using Bespoke & third party SaaS reporting tools with little documentation
- Assisting in presenting demos and preparing materials for leadership
- Experience with Python Data Analysis Packages(Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn) is a must
- Data Exploration and Visualisation with tools like Amplitude, Clevertap, MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- A strong business sense with the ability to transform ambiguous business and product issues into well-scoped, impactful analysis
- Fintech or B2C domain experience would be an added advantage
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive communication
Why join Jar, you ask?
Jar is a diverse and inclusive workplace which embraces ideas and perspectives of all employees, and recognises their efforts and contributions regardless of gender or ethnicity. Our workspace also boasts a great blend of youth and experience, which helps us maintain a transparent culture with no micromanagement. We also have flexible working hours, and provide medical insurance to all employees.