Lead Product Designer (UX & Brand)
Creative, Design and Marketing – Creative
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
You care about making great products and are willing to design and test, to get to the best. You've been here before and you don't go it alone. You have the ability to negotiate and evolve design with stakeholders and ensure the integrity of the experience is upheld. You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better. You get inspired, fired up and ready to dig in when presented with a challenge.
You can lead and inspire designers to embrace different technologies, devices and mindsets. You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s biggest and best brands.
Strategic: Establish and drive the overall creative vision for the product based on a deep understanding of the users needs and motivations. Help lead the design efforts and inspire the entire team in order to develop an engaging and meaningful user experience
Inspire, collaborate and communicate closely with the project leads & team members to coordinate the creative efforts. Continually review implementation and maintain quality of execution for every feature and system. Clearly articulate what quality looks like. Use both analytical and creative thinking to find solutions to difficult design issues; Own responsibility for all creative deliverables, from design standards and assets to creative campaign concepts. Help drive continual improvements to our design standards, practices, and tools.
Mentor less experienced design team members towards great results; Accountable for the success of the design team. Accountable for conversion of new users and engagement of existing users as they relate to group goals and objectives
Tactical: Author design specifications for product features, present the work and gain consensus; Develop and manage the development of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes; Partner with product management and development, championing the creation of user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, professional expertise, metrics, and usability findings; Drive a realistic approach to design scope and priorities, with schedule and available resources in mind
Things that we value
Curious minds and an appetite for learning
Passion for the craft and developing experiences that move hearts and minds
A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
Fearless brainstorming and collaboration
Ability to showcase ideas with the latest design / prototyping tools
A user-centric and strategic approach
Strong interest in and following of the latest design trends and technology
- 8+ years in a designer role
- Launched successful products and campaigns as the lead designer;
- Has an inquisitive mind, constantly reviewing competitive products and learning about emerging play patterns;
- An ability to work closely with our teams: brainstorming, work-shopping, partnering to provide strategic business insight
- Passionate about the player, understanding what drives and motivates them;
- Solid understanding of usability, flow and UI design for touch screens;
- Decisive but flexible; able to accept criticism, perform and adapt quickly in a creative, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Interest in building a team from scratch
- Fluency of grids, type, color, layout, iconography, imagery, patterns and systems
- Self-starter who is user-focused, detail and solutions oriented
- An ability to be both visionary and granular when needed
- Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered.