Senior Mechanical Engineer
Hardware – Hardware Engineering
As a member of a product development team, you use your creativity and diverse range of mechanical design experience to reinvent the shape of consumer facing hardware. You work as part of cross-functional team to balance comfortable industrial design, rugged performance and innovative system integration. As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer, you drive the design, analysis, prototyping of new concepts to prove out designs and scaling those concepts in volume manufacturing. You are expected to be independent, driven, and passionate about designing a high-quality product.
- As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, this role requires you to be highly creative and develop new robust mechanical designs as well as improvise on existing designs for performance, quality and reliability
- You will be deeply involved in the conceptualization, exploration, feasibility analysis, design and development, prototyping and validation of complex, small form factor, precision mechanical systems for use in the digital health market worldwide
- You must be able to effectively communicate and make material contributions in our highly collaborative cross functional environment with domain experts from material sciences, industrial design, advance automation, reliability, tool design and fabrication, injection molding, precision machining and others
- You must be able to estimate time and resources for mechanical design tasks and deliver high quality results on time
- You must be able to drive solutions for mechanical related issues by working with vendors, running experiments and coming up with quality “scalable” solutions
- This role is responsible for providing support throughout the reliability and quality control validation process
- Drive design decisions with key stakeholders when working through the product integration challenges and actively communicate among teams
- Must have a disciplined approach on developing mechanical designs in Agile PLM environment
- Bachelors or higher education in Mechanical Engineering with equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in designing precision, reliable and high quality mechanical systems in consumer facing industry; Developed and shipped one product to market from end-to-end is a plus, hands on experience is a must
- Experience in GD&T and design for inspection including statistical analysis of parts measurement is required
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD systems- ProE/Creo is must, Solidworks is plus
- Experience with all current manufacturing processes; plastic molding, sheet metal, extrusion, machining, additive manufacturing etc. required
- Ability to initiate and drive mechanical architecture efforts while balancing challenging requirements which demonstrate creative problem solving skills
- Highly familiar with DFx (Manufacturing, test, assembly) competencies and experience working with local and global suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience with Semi-automated and automated product design assemblies is a big plus
- Domestic and international travel up to 20% is required
- Bilingual in mandarin and English is a plus
Why Jawbone Health?
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who care about exacting design to help users achieve their health goals. Because of our size and focus, everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company—one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.