Data Engineer - London
London, UK – Software Engineering - London
You will be joining the London-based Jawbone Health Data Science team in its infancy. You'll be in a unique position to help shape the team and the projects we will be working on, as well as the tools and techniques we will be developing and adopting. If you are a self-starter and are interested in taking an engineering approach to model development and deployment then this might be the right position for you.
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
You will work closely with the data scientists in the London team as well as the engineering team in San Francisco for building data storage and access infrastructure, data processing pipelines and predictive services. You will be responsible for selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in Python for developing APIs in the micro-service architecture
- Proficient understanding of the run-time efficiency of the models built in the production environment
- Solid background in data storage solutions including SQL and NoSQL such as MongoDB
- Good understanding of model deployment issues including firmware, client and server deployment
- Good knowledge with cloud services such as AWS
Further skills (bonus)
- Experience with Big Data solutions such as Spark, Scala, Hadoop, etc
- Good understanding of ETL processes
- Good understanding of distributed computing principles