Health Content Strategist and Writer
***With your application, please include your 3 most relevant writing/portfolio samples.***
Jawbone Health is expanding into consumer health and combining wearable sensors, machine learning and clinical insights into one platform to catch lifestyle diseases early and help our members live a healthier life. Our products are required to be clinical grade quality and deliver the best performance in the category. This new approach with continuous monitoring will revolutionize the personal healthcare industry in a positive direction.
About the Department
Our Editorial role sits within the Product Design team at Jawbone Health. We work across the product lifecycle, from initial user brand engagement to day-to-day product content, as well as customer care messaging and support. It’s our job to ensure our presence in the world is clear, compelling and as carefully crafted as our products. We think holistically about the user and product experience, and work closely with the Design, Product, Data and Software Engineering teams to bring a cohesive experience to life within our software applications and other products.
About the Job
This role reports to the Head of Product Design and is responsible for developing and delivering health-related content for the product, including for our Smart Coach feature. They will collaborate with other members of the Brand, Editorial, Design, Medical and Product Management teams to develop content that is clear, relevant and motivating for our users to live better lives.
To be successful in this role, it is critical to be a creative storyteller, passionate about improving people's health, as well as a system-thinker.
* As noted above, please include your 3 most relevant writing/portfolio samples with your application.
Core Product Responsibilities
- Draft concepts, logic and final copy for content-rich features within Jawbone’s app ecosystem, while thinking holistically about the overall user experience
- Implement content within our content management system by creating appropriate triggers and labels, and troubleshooting technical issues as needed
- Work closely with Editorial team writers to provide feedback, guidance and creative review of content, including scalability of solutions and lifecycle engagement
- Understand app functionality to develop appropriate triggers for content with the ideal user experience in mind
- Evaluate content analytics and prioritize actionable follow-up for the Editorial and Product teams
- Support the evolution of the company voice and ensure consistency across the product
- Love of the written word; superior written, oral and editorial skills
- Able to think holistically about the content system and put oneself in the mind of the customer, and where in the customer's journey the communication falls
- Able to interpret often complex problems and concepts into engaging, clear and relatable communications
- Able to balance brand and commerce needs and messaging
- A love of branding and brand tonality
- An eye for detail and nuance
- An understanding of content management systems, including content tagging and rule creation for targeting
- Demonstrated experience with data-driven decision making
- Exceptionally observant, listens well and works collaboratively with others
- Superb communicator with all cross-functional teams, exudes positive energy and is willing to go the extra mile for the company and their peers
- Strong interpersonal skills and eager to work across all departments, even when it means venturing outside of their comfort zone; keen awareness of knowledge gaps and willingness to learn new skills
- Flexibility and autonomous working style; ability to prioritize while maintaining adaptability
- Expert problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency with tools, such as word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Basic algebra and quantitative reasoning skills
- Intensely curious and passionate about science and for solving health problems through technology is a plus