Lead Hardware Engineer
Hardware – Hardware Engineering
As the Lead HW Engineer for Jawbone Health's wearable mobile lifestyle products, you will Lead the specification, architecture, design and development of hardware design.
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, cost efficient HW system architecture that can deliver high integrity signal with optimal battery life and maximum performance
- Lead new sensor and peripherals design, development and productization to map Jawbone health vision
- Design and develop flexible, low-power systems consisting of RF, analog, digital sections that meet or exceed electrical, mechanical and reliability performance and signal quality targets
- Hand-on person to be able to build prototypes, debug and validate early concepts and optimize system performance
- Design and develop stable system architecture and test strategy to deploy in high throughput manufacturing
- Develop criteria to evaluate and qualify components and technologies for inclusion in product development
- Manage and/or coordinate with a diverse set of cross-site technical contributors, including internal teams, the factory, sub-contractors and vendors to successfully transition the system into high volume manufacturing
- 8+ years of experience building complex hardware systems with at least 2 in mass production
- Prior experience building power and cost optimized miniature systems with digital, analog, RF and optical sections
- Experience with managing noise and signal integrity is must
- Prior experience with Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, Wifi, Antenna design for high/low data communication is must.
- Expert at schematics, layout and DFx of complex system designs
- Prior experience with flex circuits preferred
- Prior experience with taking hardware systems through qualification and certification processes preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE or related discipline
- Experience in medical device design and manufacturing is a plus
Why Jawbone Health?
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who care about exacting design to help users achieve their health goals. Because of our size and focus, everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company—one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.