Mechanical Engineering Program Manager - Hardware
Hardware – Hardware Engineering
- Understand the technology areas and product development lifecycle.
- Strike a balance between supporting the schedule and doing what is right for the overall product, the user and Jawbone Health.
- Drive product delivery by creating and managing schedules for the Consumer Hardware device hardware and embedded software.
- Lead and/or contribute to operational scalability for Consumer Hardware product releases including metric tracking (open issue rate vs closed, etc.).
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and Design team to develop, deliver product on time and on budget.
- Drive Engineering design and mechanical architecture work for highly reliable, high throughput design for existing and next generation products.
- Work with contract manufacturer and suppliers for NPI builds.
- Drive both inter- and intra-team communications establishing a consistent rhythm and delivering an accurate project snapshot for all stakeholders. Communicate status and health of the projects as it impacts internal stakeholder teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience, including 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- 4 years of relevant mechanical design work experience.
- Consumer electronic hardware experience.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by strong track record of delivering successful consumer-facing hardware that has shipped in high volume.
- Self-starter with ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion. Ability to work as individual contributor and to contribute as part of a larger team.
- Deadline and detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills. Excellent multi-tasker with proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Capable of leading through influence; holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
Jawbone Health empowers people to take charge of their well-being so they can live happier, healthier and longer. Over the past six years, Jawbone’s UP® system has helped millions of people worldwide by providing personalized insights about how they sleep, move and eat. While wearables have focused primarily on promoting activity, years of Jawbone research and data prove lasting health outcomes are possible with a holistic focus on sleep and nutrition. These learnings in technology and behavior change provide the foundation as Jawbone health begins its next venture in the clinical space.