Head of Mobile Development
Software – Mobile Development
We are searching for a Director of Engineering/Senior Manager to join our mobile team. You will lead the team accountable for the development and delivery of innovative and high-quality customer facing mobile applications.
If you live & breathe mobile & are an exceptional technical leader, we want to hear from you. This is an opportunity to help build a successful mobile business with an amazing team, and make a big impact on the mobile healthcare space at the same time.
Why Jawbone Health?
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who care about exacting design to help users achieve their health goals. Because of our size and focus, everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company—one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.
- Grow the Mobile Engineering team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Represent your team in engineering, design and product discussions with other teams
- Work closely with product management to influence product strategy and define the product roadmap
- Ensure the timely execution of the product roadmap and stability and quality of the product itself
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 5+ years building native applications for iPhone, iPad and/or Android devices
- Portfolio of published applications
- 4+ years of managerial experience
- Strong hands on and relevant and active engagement with the following: Swift, Android SDK, Objective-C, Java, REST APIs, JSON, test automation tools for mobile development
- Strong understanding of technology design patterns and approaches including micro-services concepts, continuous integration and delivery, and Mobile development
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Solid understanding of the mobile ecosystem from reporting to 3rd party libraries and services
- Strong understanding of software development process/Agile/lean
- Full stack capabilities and have experience designing with restful APIs
- Good understanding of Android and/or iOS UI patterns and style guides
- Passion and knowledge of building products accessible to everyone, regardless of the platform
- Knowledge and exposure to IoT frameworks is a big plus