Senior Device Software Engineer
Device Software Engineering – Device Software Engineering
We are looking for an accomplished and enthusiastic device software engineer to build digital health and medical products for consumers. In this role, you will have an opportunity to envision, architect, design and implement embedded software across both vertical stacks from metal layer controller to the upper layer connectivities, and wide range of technologies over the system horizontal. The role will also give you an opportunity to lead the project, bring innovation to the engineering process and thinking, influence product user experience and intelligence.
In addition to improving overall performance of current generation products, you may evaluate and work with new SOCs, advanced sensors, tools chains, RTOS’es, storage, UI, and other embedded technologies, to architect, prototype, and bring up next generation platforms or its subsystems. You will closely work with cross-function teams to structure designs, define APIs, integrate signal processing and machine learning algorithms into the device systems, and build mechanism to validate in real time. You will be required to design and develop efficient data path for signal capture, process, storage, and wireless transmission. You will also work with factory to build methods within device to support highly efficient manufacture test automation and self performance tracking aftermarket.
It is important that you need be able to build above solutions within tight memory footprint, low CPU budget, and low power consumption. You will be required to demonstrate this engineering philosophy right from architecture and design phase.
To be successful, you must be data driven, be able to communicate effectively cross-functionally, and consistently deliver high quality coding, robust test plans, and appropriate levels of supporting documentation.
- 5+ years experience working on real-time embedded software, prefer in power and system resource constrained devices. Capable of methodically designing and developing high quality software within the constraints.
- Hands-on experience in hardware schematics, drivers, inter-processor communications, multi-thread programming, and other common embedded software components.
- Familiar with most of these: ARM MCU, BTLE SOC, PMIC, display chips, boot loader, file systems, one or more typical RTOS’es, JTAG, one or more digital bus protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB).
- Very fluent in writing high quality C.
- Experience in working with heavy duty upper layer functions or algorithms in embedded system.
- BSEE or CS.
- Hands-on wireless (BT, Wifi) development experience in protocol stack and/or applications.
- Good knowledge in DSP or AI algorithms.
- Some experience in developing iOS and/or Android mobile software.
- Working experience with physiology and medical sensors / sensor hub a strong plus.
- Python scripting.
- Team and project lead experience.
- MS degree.
Why Jawbone Health?
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who care about exacting design to help users achieve their health goals. Because of our size and focus, everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company—one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.