Lead Product Design Engineer (Mechanical Engineering)
Hardware – Hardware Engineering
As a member of a product development team, you use your creativity and diverse range of mechanical design experience to reinvent the shape of consumer facing hardware. You work as part of cross-functional team to balance comfortable industrial design, rugged performance and innovative system integration. As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you drive the design, analysis, prototyping of new concepts to prove out designs and scaling those concepts in volume manufacturing. You are expected to be independent, driven, and passionate about designing a high-quality product.
- As lead mechanical engineer, this role requires high creative design abilities to lead new, robust mechanical architecture development as well as improvise on existing designs
- You will deeply involved in the conceptualization, exploration, feasibility analysis, design and development, prototyping and validation of complex, small form factor, precision mechanical systems for use in the digital health market worldwide
- You must be able to effectively communicate and make material contributions in highly collaborative cross functional environment with domain experts from material sciences, industrial design, advance automation, reliability, tool design and fabrication, injection molding, precision machining and others.
- You must be able to build projected timelines and budgets for the development of mechanical systems and then manage the program to the projected schedule and budget
- This position requires an ability to construct a disciplined approach to creating engineered solutions for mechanical systems capable of scaling to high volume mass production
- You must be able to drive solutions for mechanical related issues through development of an eco-system of suppliers and manufacturing partners based both in China and globally
- This role is responsible for providing support throughout the reliability and quality control validation process
- Must have disciplined approach on developing mechanical designs in Agile PLM environment
- Drive design decisions with key stakeholders when working through the product integration challenges and actively communicate among teams
- MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in designing precision, reliable and high quality mechanical systems in consumer facing industry
- Ability to lead architecture efforts including balancing challenging requirements while demonstrate creative problem solving abilities
- Highly familiar with DFx (Manufacturing, test, assembly) competencies and experience working with local and global suppliers and contract manufacturer.
- Expert in tolerance analysis and its statistical application (SPC, Cp, CpK)
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD systems, ProE/Creo preferred
- Experience in all current manufacturing processes; Injection Molding, Sheet metal, Extrusion, machining, etc
- Bilingual in mandarin and english is a plus
Why Jawbone Health?
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who care about exacting design to help users achieve their health goals. Because of our size and focus, everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company—one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.