Senior DevOps Engineer
Software – Infrastructure Engineering
The Software Infrastructure team is responsible for developing and delivering secure, scalable, highly-available services that power all Jawbone Health technology. In addition to supporting millions of user devices streaming data into our systems in real time, we also run massive-scale expert systems used to deliver Jawbone Health's unique insight system and power the machine learning and big data analytics used to develop Jawbone’s next generation of algorithms and devices.
- Identify projects required to improve availability and reduce operational expense.
- Design and implement systems to safely enable Jawbone’s continued data growth without incurring incremental operational overhead or loss of availability.
- Design and implement highly available services to reduce complexity in legacy systems and enable fault isolation and improved reliability.
- Design and implement adjustments to the overall network and system infrastructure of Jawbone’s cloud services to improve security, flexibility and availability of the overall system.
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues in complex systems to ensure reliable user-facing performance of the overall Jawbone system.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation, responsible for the stable and reliable operation of all Jawbone cloud services.
- Perform postmortem analysis in response to operational incidents, analyzing system telemetry to drive continual improvement.
- Participate and contribute in architectural discussions, reviews, improvements and future projects
- Increase automation and environment agnostic infrastructure while keeping an eye on new tools and techniques when possible
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience operating a complex highly available system
- Experience with high volume services
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Docker and related services (Compose, Swarm, Engine)
- Strong understanding of configuration management: Puppet, Salt Stack, Ansible
- Experience with environment agnostic, transportable applications and infrastructure
- Experience with complex deployments and data structures.
- Experience with AWS and traditional Data Centers.
- Experience with Python or Ruby
- Experience with modern monitoring systems and techniques, especially Sensu
- Experience with large scale data systems
- Experience with compliance and encryption
Why Jawbone Health?
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who care about exacting design to help users achieve their health goals. Because of our size and focus, everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company—one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.