Senior IT Engineer
People Operations – IT
Jawbone Health is at the forefront of revolutionizing primary care for millions of patients worldwide. Combining more than 20 years of proprietary wearable technology with clinically relevant signals, Jawbone Health connects patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.
About the IT Team:
Our IT team manages all internal IT needs for our San Francisco headquarters, our China office, and our remote employees. Including but not limited to onsite wifi audits, infrastructure setup and diagnosis and hardware management. As the majority of our products are run via wifi networks our IT team acts as the backbone of our team.
Responsibilities ((included but not limited to)
- Responsible for the Jawbone Health corporate IT environment - networks, applications, systems
- Partner with the business to define the technical requirement and principles that generally guide all IT solution decisions for the Jawbone Health ecosystem
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an IT architectural blueprint, roadmap and strategy that outlines solutions that integrate across applications, systems, infrastructure and platforms to achieve business objectives.
- Develop future IT solutions to support technology migration, integration and evolution of the technical infrastructure
- Ensure the technology infrastructure meets the goals of scalability, reliability and availability and supports defined solution roadmaps
- Responsibilities include the development of strategies aligning IT to the Jawbone Health enterprise, advocacy and support of current IT strategies and analysis of the current IT ecosystem to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvements
- Establish overall architectural viewpoints and oversight of organization standards and policies
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience as the main point of contact for Employee Customer Service Issues
- Experience in systems, applications, networks, infrastructure, and security
- Experience in business and technical understanding of solutions, technical solution design, development, test and implementation
- Strong communication and Customer Service skills,
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Available for on call needs evenings/weekends on rotation