Data Engineer (Research & Development)
At Jellyfish, we are working with large software companies to build a platform that helps them transform how they measure their development efforts and improve strategic decision-making.
As an engineer at Jellyfish focusing on research and development, you will work with other engineers and data scientists to build innovative new products that leverage the unique data we are collecting about how software teams collaborate. You will have the opportunity to create systems and services that can turn raw data into rich insights and can make recommendations that impact how our customers understand their development teams and the software they build.
- You are a skilled programmer with experience building and supporting production software systems.
- You have experience with and are interested in prototyping, building, testing, and deploying advanced algorithms and technology.
- You have good fundamental skills in technical areas such as computer science and statistics.
- You love learning new things and teaching others what you know.
- You have strong communication skills and enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with adapting data science algorithms (such as machine learning classifiers) for production applications.
- You have experience with building pipelines for data science tasks such as data collection, model training, or parameter optimization.
- You have experience with our technology stack (Python 3, Django, Postgres, Docker, AWS).
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.