San Francisco, CA /
Covid-19 Update: Business is booming and we are still growing! In an effort to help flatten the curve, we are doing interviews and onboarding all new employees remotely until further notice. The entire team, including new hires, will resume working out of the San Francisco office once it is deemed safe to do so.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!
At JetFuel, we are building the creator economy by providing creators with the tools they need to grow, monetize and thrive in the digital advertising space. Today, this means building a best-in-class platform that provides monetization opportunities, strategies and data-driven content development tools to drive long term growth for our advertising partners and, most importantly, the creators.
About Product Engineering at JetFuel
Engineering at JetFuel is different, by design. We are product engineers, first and foremost. We value shipping a product to our customers that creates an immediate and meaningful impact in their interactions with our platform. We place far less of an emphasis on using the most trendy engineering frameworks, technologies or topics - we prioritize user experience and the inherent value of iterating over purity of product. The product engineering team works in a highly collaborative environment with the business stakeholders, directly negotiating requirements without the added layer of a formalized product or program management department. Engineers join JetFuel for the focus on product, the ability to ship lots of products, fast, and the no-ego, level-disregarding collaboration that is fostered across the entire company. Our founders still actively push code and launch new features, we aim to embody the “no job is too small for me” mindset.
What You'll Do
- Manage a rapidly growing, dynamic team of mobile, full stack, frontend and backend engineers
- Partner with Growth, Media, Community, Creator and Advertiser Teams to own product engineering roadmap, execution and optimization
- Establish and maintain product engineering operating metrics, including service level agreements and uptime monitoring
- Own professional development of each engineer on the product engineering team, focusing on a strong culture and high retention
- Work closely with recruiting team to scale the product engineering team and maintain a top-tier talent brand
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert on shipping consumer-facing software product, staying close to the code
What You've Done
- Significant experience as a software engineer, ideally supporting consumer-facing cross-platform products
- Recent experience leading and managing a distributed/remote engineering teams
- Past experience contributing, owning or meaningfully consulting on product strategy and delivery
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment, in addition to, strong knowledge or experience of industry recognized best practices from large tech companies
- Strong understanding of cloud based infrastructure, ideally experience migrating into Google Cloud from other provider
- Meaningful exposure to ad tech and machine learning projects
- Experience implementing machine learning-enabled product features on an existing platform
- Significant experience launching iOS and Android applications
- Past experience leading product teams or as a product manager
- Recent programming experience with any of the following: Swift, Objective-C, React/Redux, Kotlin, Go, Python or Node
Our Core Values
Do It, Yesterday
Find a Way
Do What Works
Enjoy The Ride
We believe in providing an inclusive environment that fosters psychological safety and freedom to fail, fast. To that end, we are excited and committed to providing a breadth of benefits and perks for our employees. A brief highlight of these benefits can be found below:
Comprehensive health, vision & dental plans
Unlimited vacation policy (we make sure you actually use it as well!)
Flexible work schedule
New work laptop of your choice and budget to set up your work-from-home office
Once we return, a goldfish friendly office!
JetFuel promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone.