Lead Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Covid-19 Update: Business is booming and we are still growing! In an effort to help flatten the curve, we are doing interviews and onboarding all new employees remotely until further notice. The entire team, including new hires, will resume working out of the San Francisco office once it is deemed safe to do so.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!
At JetFuel, we are building the creator economy by providing creators with the tools they need to grow, monetize and thrive in the digital advertising space. Today, this means building a best-in-class platform that provides monetization opportunities, strategies and data-driven content development tools to drive long term growth for our advertising partners and, most importantly, the creators.
About Product Engineering at JetFuel
Engineering at JetFuel is different, by design. We are product engineers, first and foremost. We value shipping a product to our customers that creates an immediate and meaningful impact in their interactions with our platform. We place far less of an emphasis on using the most trendy engineering frameworks, technologies or topics - we prioritize user experience and the inherent value of iterating over purity of product. The product engineering team works in a highly collaborative environment with the business stakeholders, directly negotiating requirements without the added layer of a formalized product or program management department. Engineers join JetFuel for the focus on product, the ability to ship lots of products, fast, and the no-ego, level-disregarding collaboration that is fostered across the entire company. Our founders still actively push code and launch new features, we aim to embody the “no job is too small for me” mindset.
What You'll Do
- Ship ML-powered features and functions across our platform, with a mobile-first approach
- Design, architect and implement our machine learning environment from end-to-end
- Design, own and maintain ML infrastructure in a Google Cloud Platform environment
- Setup, run, and interpret the results of A/B experiments for new ML models
- Explore our data and systems to uncover and build the next iteration of ranking and recommendation services
- Partner with the Growth, Media, Community, Creator and Advertiser teams to ideate and execute nuanced features and products for the creator economy
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies
- Provide code documentation and other inputs to technical documents
What You've Done
- Shipped multiple consumer-facing products, ideally mobile-first products with accompanying web applications
- Significant experience training ML models and writing production code to launch new features
- Significant experience designing, implementing and maintaining recommendation and ranking systems
- Significant experience in backend software development including automation, optimization, reliability and scalability efforts
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers with or without a formal leadership title
- Meaningful exposure to mobile development challenges, enough to have opinions around technical choices that may cause downstream impacts to your own work
- Advanced degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or closely related technical field; or equivalent industry experience
- Author or contributor on peer-reviewed scientific papers focusing on AI/ML related topics
- Experience leading distributed teams, product engineering teams or ad-hoc project teams
- Experience working in an early-stage startup environment
Why join JetFuel?
Engineering at JetFuel is truly product engineering, not simply implementing what the business stakeholders request to hit milestones along a product roadmap. As an engineer at JetFuel, you will have meaningful and immediate input and impact across the technical platform and our overall business. Our core values truly reflect our actions, down to the speed of our interview process and commitment to having fun and enjoying the work we do.
Our Core Values
Do It, Yesterday
Find a Way
Do What Works
Enjoy The Ride
We believe in providing an inclusive environment that fosters psychological safety and freedom to fail, fast. To that end, we are excited and committed to providing a breadth of benefits and perks for our employees. A brief highlight of these benefits can be found below:
Comprehensive health, vision & dental plans
Unlimited vacation policy (we make sure you actually use it as well!)
Flexible work schedule
New work laptop of your choice and budget to set up your work-from-home office
Once we return, a goldfish friendly office!
JetFuel promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone.