San Francisco, CA /
Covid-19 Update: Business is booming and we are still growing! In an effort to help flatten the curve, we are doing interviews and onboarding all new employees remotely until further notice. The entire team, including new hires, will resume working out of the San Francisco office once it is deemed safe to do so.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!
At JetFuel, we are building the creator economy by providing creators with the tools they need to grow, monetize and thrive in the digital advertising space. Today, this means building a best-in-class platform that provides monetization opportunities, strategies and data-driven content development tools to drive long term growth for our advertising partners and, most importantly, the creators.
About Product Engineering at JetFuel
Engineering at JetFuel is different, by design. We are product engineers, first and foremost. We value shipping a product to our customers that creates an immediate and meaningful impact in their interactions with our platform. We place far less of an emphasis on using the most trendy engineering frameworks, technologies or topics - we prioritize user experience and the inherent value of iterating over purity of product. The product engineering team works in a highly collaborative environment with the business stakeholders, directly negotiating requirements without the added layer of a formalized product or program management department. Engineers join JetFuel for the focus on product, the ability to ship lots of products, fast, and the no-ego, level-disregarding collaboration that is fostered across the entire company. Our founders still actively push code and launch new features, we aim to embody the “no job is too small for me” mindset.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and advertising experts including product definition, strategy and success metrics
- Partner with the Growth, Media, Community, Creator and Advertiser Teams to ideate and execute nuanced features and products for the creator economy
- Drive and own the delivery of software products components from inception to production
- Partner with product engineers to review code and improve code quality, as it relates to crafting a winning user experience
- Communicate product plans, marketing plans and key business results with all necessary stakeholders
What You've Done
- Significant experience shipping digital, consumer facing products with a emphasis on entertainment, social media, gaming or community
- Formal experience as a product manager, leading engineers, in a high-growth startup environment
- Worked closely across multiple technical disciplines (machine learning, infrastructure, software engineering, data science) to build nuanced products
- Plan product launches and drive product adoption in the marketplace
- Experience implementing machine learning-enabled product features on an existing platform
- Significant experience launching iOS and Android applications
- Blended past formal experiences of product management, software engineering and engineering management
- Programming experience with any of the following: Swift, Objective-C, React/Redux, Kotlin, Go or Python
Our Core Values
Do It, Yesterday
Find a Way
Do What Works
Enjoy The Ride
We believe in providing an inclusive environment that fosters psychological safety and freedom to fail, fast. To that end, we are excited and committed to providing a breadth of benefits and perks for our employees. A brief highlight of these benefits can be found below:
Comprehensive health, vision & dental plans
Unlimited vacation policy (we make sure you actually use it as well!)
Flexible work schedule
New work laptop of your choice and budget to set up your work-from-home office
Once we return, a goldfish friendly office!
JetFuel promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone.