Director of Product Development
Chicago, IL /
Information Technology – Information Technology /
For more than 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry. JSSI is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, regional jets, and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through an infrastructure of certified technical advisors and providing maintenance tracking software (Traxxall and SierraTrax). JSSI leverages this technical knowledge, experience, buying power, and data to provide support at every stage of the aircraft life cycle; from aircraft acquisition to aircraft teardown and part out.
For more information, visit jetsupport.com.
We are seeking a high performing Director of Product Development to join our JSSI IT Team. The ideal candidate would be a motivated, forward-thinking, analytical, and organized professional. We are currently seeking candidates in the Chicagoland area. This role will primarily be an in office position with hybrid opportunities.
As the Director of Development, you will be accountable for the successful delivery and support of software solutions while managing a team of developers and IT specialists and work closely with the Senior Management Team in order to deliver software and IT services that meet user needs and the strategic goals of the company. The Director of Product Development will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic software and architecture vision and provide leadership for all aspects of the software development life cycle. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will work with executives, product owners, product managers, project managers, creative teams, developers, and QA professionals to deliver the very best in software development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all activities associated with creating/acquiring/implementing software business solutions across multiple functional areas of the organization
- Establish standards in software development and integration
- Prioritize, budget and allocate projects, products, and resources in line with business priorities
- Prepare project business cases in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develop technical strategy and ensure its effective execution based on functional requirements and product strategy
- Communicate with internal stakeholders on a regular basis regarding progress, challenges, timelines and end results of client projects
- Direct and oversee internal developers as well as external vendor partners
- Create technical estimations
- Create and update design and functional documents
- Identify and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Help research technical issues and provide recommendations with support from architects
- Work both independently and as part of a team to create reliable and high performing applications
- Ensure overall product quality by judicious application of QA processes
- Perform code review sessions with other developers and suggest improvements or alternate approaches when appropriate
- Assist project managers with the creation of task-level project plans that detail the specific tasks required to deliver a solution
- Work closely with project managers and product management to ensure that expectations are met and that the team adheres to project schedules and budgets
- 10-12+ years hands-on experience in software design and development, database design and development, and system integration
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically: .NET/ASP.NET development. Knowledge of Entity Framework is preferred
- Hands-on experience in building applications and data platforms in Azure
- Hands-on experience with Azure APIM, Databricks, Synapse and Data Lake Storage
- Should have successfully led a team of 10+ members
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives and shifting priorities
- Ability to work with vendor partners both inside and outside USA
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming / Object Oriented Design (OOP/OOD)
- Ability to develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security and defensive development
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.