Aircraft Acquisition Specialist
Chicago, IL /
JSSI Parts & Leasing – Purchasing /
For more than 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry. JSSI is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, regional jets, and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through an infrastructure of certified technical advisors and providing maintenance tracking software (Traxxall and SierraTrax). JSSI leverages this technical knowledge, experience, buying power, and data to provide support at every stage of the aircraft life cycle; from aircraft acquisition to aircraft teardown and part out.
For more information, visit jetsupport.com.
Jet Support Services, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Aircraft Acquisition Specialist to be based out of a home office in any USA location that is within a reasonable distance of a major airport.
The mission of the Aircraft Acquisition Specialist is to create and manage a strategic approach to capitalize on value-creating opportunities to acquire aircraft engines and complete aircraft. The Aircraft Acquisition Specialist will work collaboratively with JSSI’s internal resources to ensure JSSI Parts & Leasing is capitalizing on every profitable opportunity. This role will serve as the go to point-of-contact to manage all aspects of the acquisition process. This role will be responsible for identifying acquisitions that create value for JSSI. The Aircraft Acquisition Specialist is an entrepreneur and a business professional with integrity and the capacity to effectively grow and manage an operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive procurement of complete engines and complete aircraft
- Identify opportunities in the market to maximize sales and margin results within business aviation aftermarket
- Build and maintain relationships with market participants such as brokers, attorneys and financiers to identify sourcing opportunities
- Conduct detailed financial analysis on purchase opportunities
- Lead transactional processes including composing letters of intent, driving transaction structure, and facilitating technical inspections and closing logistics
- Analyze JSSI’s internal maintenance forecast to identify potential solutions via aircraft acquisitions
- Develop annual business plans with staff focused on specific tasks to identify assets to procure for sale, lease or exchange
- Manage existing aircraft inventory; both operational and undergoing teardown
- Work closely with product line representatives, procurement, financial planning and JSSI’s technical team to align on go-to-market procurement strategies
- Effectively present the JSSI Parts & Leasing business model to prospective customers and suppliers
- Act as the go-to person for aircraft procurement leads from various internal departments
- Perform aircraft valuations using market data, stay abreast of market dynamics and trends, and leverage this in the transaction process
- Settle discrepancies with customers and suppliers in a professional and timely manner
- Attend domestic and international trade shows, conferences and seminars
- Manage existing procedures and develop new procedures for acquisitions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of aircraft and engines, particularly business aviation aircraft and engines
- Five years of finance or accounting experience
- Ability to effectively communicate business opportunities
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and communicate effectively via email and telephone
- Ability to function independently
- Highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.