New York, NY
[We're firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our customers, and so candidates of all stripes—irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation—are encouraged to apply.]
Jetty is hiring a Junior to Mid-Level Visual Designer to join their Brand team. We’re looking for someone that gets excited about how a brand communicates from the way it looks to the way is speaks, from billboards to brochures and presentations. You save things you get in the mail, you snap pictures of your favorite ads, and you always (always) buy from the company that cares about design.
We’re a young (growing) company and when we know something works we execute to the fullest, but we’re also exploring the avenues and channels of where our brand resonates—this means learning quickly, being resourceful, and discovering the places we should double down. You’re ready to get scrappy. You don’t feel limited to a specific medium or application and you certainly don’t feel like a one-trick pony. We might shoot an ad on an iPhone one day, and work with a world-class photographer the next. We’ll take on the flashy projects like redesigning our homepage or working to define our brand guidelines, and we’ll tackle the less glamorous like production work and presentations. But you don’t flinch, because you take any task as an opportunity to explore our brand and make the mundane a moment.
At Jetty, we’re built on a foundation of design. From our founders to our investors, we know how critical it is that our brand is a differentiator. You’ll learn a lot about what moves the needle in a modern online business, you’ll be a part of (and along the ride for) the growth of a thriving company, and you’ll work with exceptional people that care as much about your personal growth as the growth of the company. We know you’re unique, and we’re determined to find you.
Think you fit the role?
- You are a positive person that brings excitement to everything you do
- You enjoy working with visual design across many different mediums
- You have strong visual chops with a keen eye for beautiful art direction
- You have a deep understanding of typography, color, composition and grid systems
- You can clearly articulate design decisions
- You don’t just think about aesthetic—you consider strategy, context, and voice
- You find the operations of running a modern digital business interesting
- You manage your time effectively
- You thrive in an iterative environment with quick turnarounds
- You have experience designing for screens and working with developers
- You have 2+ years experience•
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing all of the above
- Excellent screen designer for all devices
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Excellent curator with the ability to recognize beautiful art direction, photography, illustration, and storytelling
- Video production skills
- Illustration skills
- Motion design and/or prototyping skills
- Photography skills (even if just amateur)
- Experience with 3D rendering software
- Light front-end development
- Writing chops
What You'll Do
- You will work daily with Jetty’s Creative Director as a part of the Marcom team that oversees the creative vision of Jetty, champions that vision throughout every department, and executes it throughout every customer touchpoint.
- Social advertising (static and video)
- Display advertising (static and video)
- Outdoor advertising
- Promotional materials
- Email campaigns
- Website and landing page design
- Content creation (social and editorial)
- PR editorial content assets
- Internal and external presentation design
- Property promotional materials like brochures and flyers
- Visual language integration with Product Design
You will work with the marketing team to bring efforts to life such as:
You will also work with Business Development, PR, and Product design on such tasks as:
And, of course, you will be an integral part of the Marcom department which is consistently developing the core pillars of the Jetty brand.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS & PERKS
At Jetty, we offer a wide suite of benefits and perks to employees (one which you'll hopefully evaluate and expand upon):
Office Food & Beverage Benefits
- Robust office snack program
- Fresh, whole-bean coffee program
- “Bottomless" neighborhood coffee tap
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Free Citi Bike membership for every employee
- Steep corporate gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Health Insurance with Aetna (company-subsidized)
- Dental Insurance with MetLife (company-subsidized)
- Vision Insurance with Aetna (company-subsidized)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (company-sponsored)
- Supplemental Life, Voluntary STD & LTD Insurance (at employee's discretion)
Other Personal Finance Benefits
- 401(k) plan with Betterment (company-administered; contribution at employee's discretion)
- Commuter transit benefits, HSAs & FSAs (at employee's discretion)
Jetty is transforming insurance. In an industry that’s historically been riddled with jargon, high costs, and outdated technology, we believe that everyone deserves better, more affordable coverage that protects the things they love.
Jetty Renters Insurance, our core offering for consumers, can be customized for all kinds of scenarios—from nightmares like fire and theft to shattered phones, broken laptops, and even bedbugs. We also offer two additional innovative services: Jetty Deposit and Jetty Lease Guaranty. Together, they eliminate the need for renters to have a guarantor or pay a security deposit when signing a lease. This not only saves renters time and money, but it helps landlords drive occupancy, streamline operations, and manage risk.
You can find the Jetty team working in New York City, but our services are available to renters in 45 states (including D.C.). We plan on offering our services nationwide before the end of 2018. Get to know us better at www.jetty.com.