Full Stack Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who wants to put their mark on the world and use technology to revolutionize an industry. At Jetty, we’re creating the iconic brand in Property & Casualty insurance* for the millennial generation and need help doing it.
As one of the first members of the engineering team, you’re passionate about building products people will love and working within a super-talented cross-functional team to do that. You have previously built front end and back end applications that were popular and show your ability to meet and beat any challenge. And of course, you’re a geek at heart wants to work with modern technology and who prefers the fast-paced, open culture of a startup where you are empowered to lead by example.
*Property & Casualty insurance is that corner (well, a $500B corner) of the insurance industry focused on offerings like homeowners/renters insurance, auto insurance and liability insurance.
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- Recognition of the importance of product and user orientation in the code we write
- Strong software engineering skills with the ability to build, deploy, and maintain a large, scalable codebase
- Familiar with a JS framework like React and a Python framework like Flask
- Experience with RESTful API design and integrations
- Rigorous attention to detail and testing for both function and performance
- Obsession with clear, proactive and effective communication
- Scrappy self-starter who believes 'it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission'
- Desire to eventually lead a team or experience managing engineers
The insurance industry is in dire need of a rethink, having failed customers across every dimension that matters to the modern consumer: products that meet critical needs, experiences that are customer-centric, design-focused and technology-enabled, and general business practices that are transparent and fair. Jetty will change that.
The DNA of the Company is rooted in cutting-edge technology and a belief in the transformative power of good design. Everything we do is conceived of through these two lenses.
Oh, and while you can be forgiven if the word 'insurance' doesn't initially evoke visions of sugarplums dancing in your head, we can't help but feel there's something exciting about the chance to create an iconic consumer brand and give a 21st-century facelift to a 500-year-old, 500-billion-dollar industry whose products pretty much everyone buys.