Head of Product Design
Product & Design
We're looking for someone as excited as we are about disrupting a dinosaur. At Jetty, we’re creating the iconic brand in Property & Casualty insurance* for modern consumers and need help doing it.
We see ourselves as a design-driven company—one where design will always have a 'seat at the table.' As Head of Product Design and the Company's first design-focused hire, you will be expected to work as part of our executive team in bringing concept to reality in the form of a usable and beautiful product experience. This will involve owning the entire product design lifecycle (and most likely more): user- and stakeholder-research, requirements and data gathering, prototyping, polished visual designs, and ongoing testing to ensure maximum usability.
You're a builder by nature, have a burning desire to create something much larger than yourself and are willing to get your hands dirty and work tirelessly to do so.
*Property & Casualty insurance is that corner (well, a $500B corner) of the insurance industry focused on offerings like homeowners/renters insurance, auto insurance and liability insurance. #TheMoreYouKnow!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Process
- Participates and helps lead roadmap definition and scope
- Along with our CTO, helps define a consistent cross-functional (tech + design) product design process across the organization
- Shares work early and often and actively filters and prioritizes the feedback
- Ensures a consistent, intuitive, and holistic user experience across Jetty's features and products
- Demonstrates expertise with information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Consistently considers potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in product work
Data & Testing
- Always considers data requirements, partnering with the appropriate internal team to gather them
- Thinks strategically about how to release features in small pieces and regularly looks for opportunities to validate ideas with multivariate experimentation
Visual Design & Brand
- Demonstrates and articulates understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy
- Helps further the Jetty brand through product and the establishment of a style guide (visual and UX patterns)
- Works with the Product Marketing team to design tests, collect data, and optimize conversions
Team Building & Management
- Recruits and hires the best designers to support the ongoing needs of the organization
- Provides regular, direct and impactful feedback to reports to help them grow their skills and design toolkit
- Contributes to products worked on, as well as to Jetty as a whole
- Identifies and shepherds new design-led projects, gains buy-in and collaborates with other disciplines and departments
- Spreads design thinking and enthusiasm across the organization and beyond — whether giving talks, participating in open-source projects, or writing blog posts
The insurance industry is in dire need of a rethink, having failed customers across every dimension that matters to the modern consumer: products that meet critical needs, experiences that are customer-centric, design-focused and technology-enabled, and general business practices that are transparent and fair. Jetty is changing that.
The DNA of the Company is rooted in cutting-edge technology and a belief in the transformative power of good design. Everything we do is conceived of through these two lenses.
Oh, and while you can be forgiven if the word 'insurance' doesn't initially evoke visions of sugarplums dancing in your head, we can't help but feel there's something exciting about the chance to create an iconic consumer brand and give a 21st-century facelift to a 500-year-old, 500-billion-dollar industry whose products pretty much everyone buys.
The Company was founded in 2015 and launched in April 2017. We're backed by top-tier VC investors in both Silicon Valley and New York City, are partnered with Munich Re (the world's largest reinsurance company), and are a growing team of over a dozen in downtown Manhattan.