Senior Front-End Engineer
New York, NY
We’re looking for an experienced front end engineer who wants to put their mark on the world and use technology to revolutionize an industry. At Jetty, we’re creating the iconic brand in Property & Casualty insurance* for modern consumers and need help doing it.
As one of the first members of our Engineering team, you’re passionate about building products people will love and working within a super-talented cross-functional team to do that. You have previously built successful front end applications that show your ability to meet and beat any challenge. And of course, you’re a geek at heart who wants to use modern technology and prefers the fast-paced, open culture of a startup where you are empowered to lead by example.
*Property & Casualty insurance is that corner (well, a $500B corner) of the insurance industry focused on offerings like homeowners/renters insurance, auto insurance and liability insurance. #TheMoreYouKnow!
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- Recognizes the importance of a product and user focus in the features we create
- Strong software engineering skills with the ability to build, deploy, and maintain a large, scalable codebase
- Expert with React, Familiar with JS tools like Redux, Webpack, Babel, Gulp; CSS tools like Bootstrap and SASS; third party tools like Segment & GA
- Experience working with designers and design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator & Sketch
- Rigorous attention to detail and testing for both function and performance
- Obsession with clear, proactive and effective communication
- Scrappy self-starter who believes 'it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission'
- Desire to eventually lead a team or experience managing engineers
- Good taste
Employee Benefits & Perks
At Jetty, we offer a wide range of benefits and perks to employees, including:
Office Food & Beverage Benefits
- Killer office snack program
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Free Citi Bike membership for every employee
- Steep corporate gym discounts at NYHRC & NYSC
- Health Insurance with Aetna (company-sponsored)
- Dental Insurance with MetLife (company-sponsored)
- Vision Insurance with Aetna (company-sponsored)
Other Personal Finance Benefits
- Commuter transit benefits and Flexible Spending Accounts (employee-paid)
The insurance industry is in dire need of a rethink, having failed customers across every dimension that matters to the modern consumer: products that meet critical needs, experiences that are customer-centric, design-focused and technology-enabled, and general business practices that are transparent and fair. Jetty is changing that.
The DNA of the Company is rooted in cutting-edge technology and a belief in the transformative power of good design. Everything we do is conceived of through these two lenses.
Oh, and while you can be forgiven if the word 'insurance' doesn't initially evoke visions of sugarplums dancing in your head, we can't help but feel there's something exciting about the chance to create an iconic consumer brand and give a 21st-century facelift to a 500-year-old, 500-billion-dollar industry whose products pretty much everyone buys.
The Company was founded in 2015 and launched in April 2017. We're backed by top-tier VC investors in both Silicon Valley and New York City, are partnered with Munich Re (the world's largest reinsurance company), and are a growing team of over a dozen in downtown Manhattan.