Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/d) -München
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in February 2020, Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in open-source AI software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As Machine Learning Engineer, your primary responsibility is to keep Jina framework (https://get.jina.ai) state-of-the-art, by adapting the latest deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing technologies from the academic and open-source community.
- You will be expected to contribute in all different projects of Jina, from the core to the finetuner;
- develop and maintain Neural-Search based solutions using Jina stack;
- It is your responsibility to keep the Jina ecosystem aligned with AI and search technologies, in terms of quality, performance and scalability;
- Collaborate closely with the community and a multi-functional team of professional Software, DevOps Engineer as well as Developer Relations.
- Master in Computer Science or related degree.
- 3y+ in the search/AI-related field.
- 5y+ Python experience.
- 2y+ Deep learning framework experience
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors.
- Good understanding of the mainstream deep learning models from multiple domains: computer vision, NLP, reinforcement learning, model optimization, etc.
- 2y+ experience on deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, MXNet, PaddlePaddle. Able to implement the latest DL model using existing API, open-source libraries in a short time.
- Contributed to open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CI/CD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud-Native techniques. Good understanding of web services and modern software technologies.
- Good English skills especially for writing and reading documentation.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device