Developer Marketing Specialist
San Francisco /
🙌 Who are we?
- A commercial open source company that focuses on MLOps platform for multimodal and neural search.
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
Your primary responsibilities would include:
- Assisting in building our Slack community’s presence in North America, focusing on software developers, especially in the fields of neural search and open source
- Developing and aiding in growth among Jina AI’s North American community
- To identify and attend appropriate events that help establish company recognition in North America
- To plan and manage events while providing all necessary resources to: partners, speakers, logistics, all while maintaining budgets with a result-driven mindset
- To analyze event performance, including creating de-briefings and wrap-up reports that help the company to gain a better understanding in relevant audiences and communities via data-driven analyses
Requirements for this position would include:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- At least 3-5 years experience with technical community management and tech evangelism, preferably with a focus on the software industry
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. (Multi-language skill is definitely a plus)
- Those with a passion to connect, network and engage with others and have the ability to convince and animate others with your enthusiasm
- Individuals with an active presence on GitHub, personal website, Twitter, Slideshare/speaker deck, etc
- Individuals with extensive contacts/networks in the North American and in the open-source/SaaS market and community
- A clear desire to learn. We want individuals who are outgoing and active listeners.
- We want high energy, outgoing team memebers with a “can do” attitude, who have ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Individuals willing to accommodate dynamic working schedules and are able to attend conference/workshops (including weekends when needed)
- Individuals who are able to communicate and collaborate with distributed team (European central time zone)
- Those with technical proficiencies in: AI, ML, DL, NLP, CV
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters. For engineering candidates, after this interview candidates will receive an email and be asked to complete an offline code challenge. On average the candidates can finish it in 30 minutes.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule Peer Interviews with team members from the relevant team. There are two rounds of Peer Interview, 1st is Technical Peer Interview and the 2nd is Team Peer Interview. For engineering candidates, the team will examine the quality of the offline challenge as well as you fundamental knowledge and coding skill during the Technical Peer Interview; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes. As long as candidates passed the Technical Peer Interview, they will be invited to talk with specific Team Lead in the Team Peer Interview stage. The interview will be more relevant to practical problem solving.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute interview with CXO.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.