Open Source Evangelist - Remote
Dev Rel /
🙌 Who we are?
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $38M so far.
- A commercial opensource company focuses on cross-/multi-modal search intelligence.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world.
- Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
- A global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
✨ Who do we want?
- Be passionate about opensource, AI.
- Play along with colleagues and opensource community.
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership.
- Grow fast, learn fast.
💼 About this position
As an Open Source Evangelist, we are looking for people who are passionate and knowledgable about the open source community. Your main tasks would be taking charge in encouraging company activity and marketing.
Your primary responsibilities would include:
- Connecting with the Jina community members to encourage activity - project contributions, user stories, support questions & answers, meetups, etc.
- To create blog posts, app samples and other content that helps inspire, educate, and grows the Jina community
- To have primary contact with developers all around the world (in person or virtual) who are interested in using Jina.
- Actively recognize trends and gain insights on feedback from the community and relay that information back to our engineering team
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify and create events that are relevant for AI open source software communities.
- Create technical presentations that keep engaging, captivating, knowledgeable and interesting.
Requirements for this position would include:
- Bachelor Degree or above
- Individuals with 3y+ experience as a developer advocate/evangelist, developer (mobile/web/other), and/or product manager with a developer background or sales engineering background.
- Individuals with an active presence on Github, personal page, Twitter, slideshare/Speaker Deck etc.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Technical proficiency in:
- AI, NLP, CV and those who can discuss machine data processing in SQL and integration
- Understanding of the use of distributed systems
- Understanding of the use of cloud platforms
- A clear desire to learn. We want individuals who are outgoing and active listeners.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive Salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS conference
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux laptop