👐 About Us
We build "Tensorflow for search" or the next Elastic.
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As Cloud Engineer, your primary responsibility is to keep Jina framework (https://get.jina.ai) stable, scalable and state-of-the-art, by adapting latest cloud-native techniques. You will work with Jina community and our AI engineers to integrate the SOTA AI models into Jina.
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on public cloud.
- Prior experience working in a infrastructure/platform team for large scale SaaS platforms
- Solid Experience in developing software using languages such as Python, NodeJS.
- Familiarity with infrastructure management concepts
- 1y+ experience on with Protobuf and gRPC.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors & designers
- Maintained/contributed open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CICD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control etc.
- Good English communication skills.
😊 Benefits & Perks
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device
💡 General Interview Hints
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding about our products, tech stack and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
If you apply for one of our engineering roles, you can pick one project (Jina, Dashboard, Examples) and work on one bug or new feature. Submit your work via pull request and pass the CICD. Then we will review it.
Note that not only the code, but also the coding style, documentations, commit style, affect our evaluation.
Product and Evangelist Role: Tell us about your understanding
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product related roles.
After playing with our products. We’d like to hear your feedback. What’s your view? What are the good and bad features? How can things be improved? What minimum resources (time & HR) do you need to get this done?
The more you can tell us, the more understanding we have about your skill set.