UX/UI Designer (f/m/d) - Berlin
Creative Design /
🙌 Who are we?
-A commercial open-source company that empowers businesses and developers to create cutting-edge neural search, generative AI, and multimodal services using state-of-the-art LMOps, MLOps, and cloud-native technologies
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 65 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
As UX/UI designer, you will work in our Incubation Team. You will contribute to products that are driven by the state-of-the-art AI technology so having a generalist mindset is essential.
You will collaborate closely with our cross-functional teams and C-level management, including CEO, CTO as well as designers, product managers, and frontend engineers, to tackle complex challenges and craft intuitive experiences that make Machine Learning more approachable to end-users.
We value that each team member works on impactful projects that are interesting to them. As such, you’ll have a key part in defining your role and day-to-day activities. Depending on your interests, you could work on developing apps or pages, help design blog posts, videos, talks, and demos, and drive the direction of a product used by tens of thousands of users worldwide.
- Define and create compelling user experiences through storyboards, mockups, wireframes, prototypes, and specifications;
- Collaborate with Product Team, contributing and understanding product Specs, creating wireframes and mockups based on the specs;
- Work closely with engineers to ensure that delivered software is aligned with the design intent;
- Create engaging and effective visual design solutions for marketing and company-wide events;
- Bachelor's degree and above;
- 3+ years of UX/UI design experience;
- Passion for new design trends, with an interest in exploring new cool things;
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, or other design softwares;
- Proven experience in designing and shipping web-based applications;
- Ability to work with team members to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet team needs and vision;
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design;
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently;
- Synthesize company-level goals to help teams across multiple product areas create remarkable design experiences;
- Preferred: visual and graphic design experience;
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters. For engineering candidates, after this interview candidates will receive an email and be asked to complete an offline code challenge. On average the candidates can finish it in 30 minutes.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule Peer Interviews with team members from the relevant team. There are two rounds of Peer Interview, 1st is Technical Peer Interview and the 2nd is Team Peer Interview. For engineering candidates, the team will examine the quality of the offline challenge as well as you fundamental knowledge and coding skill during the Technical Peer Interview; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes. As long as candidates passed the Technical Peer Interview, they will be invited to talk with specific Team Lead in the Team Peer Interview stage. The interview will be more relevant to practical problem solving.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute interview with CXO.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.