Release Manager/Technical Project Manager (f/m/d)
Product Management /
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As (Software) Release Manager, your primary responsibility is aligning engineering progress, managing release cycles of Jina products, publishing release notes, analyzing opensource community feedbacks, and organizing online/offline events around Jina opensource ecosystem.
- Controlling and monitoring our product release process, including tracking changes and communication among different engineer teams;
- Developing product roadmap together with our Product Team and synchronizing with other projects;
- Coordinating with customer and capacity planning decisions on release assignments of application enhancements;
- Responsible for ongoing release reporting to management;
- Organizing product planning and coordination meetings, e.g. release planning events and system demos;
- Continuously improving the planning and release processes of the various release trains as well as the associated tools;
- Documenting the release and create the version history.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or an equivalent degree.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors & designers
- Knowledge of Cloud-Native techniques. Good understanding of web services, containerization, database, and modern software architectures.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating system.
- Good English communication skills.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding of our products, tech stack, and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
Product and Dev-Rel Role: Tell us about the problem & solution
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way, you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product/dev rel-related roles.