Cloud DevOps Engineer-Beijing
👐 About Us
We build "Tensorflow for search" or the next Elastic.
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020, backed by GGV Capital, Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As a Cloud Architect Engineer, your primary responsibility is to build the PaaS infrastructure to enable the customers build their search systems with Jina (https://get.jina.ai) on the cloud
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS/Azure/GCP.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Integration, Cloud Automation. Should be familiar with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation etc).
- 2+ years of experience using infrastructure technologies to run modern applications such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Serverless.
- 3+ years of experience in developing software using languages such as Python, NodeJS.
- Maintained/contributed open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CICD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control etc.
- Good English communication skills.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💵 Competitive salary
📈 Equity in one of the fastest growing AI open-source startup in the world
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
🏢 A feel-good workplace in Berlin-Mitte
🎳Regular team events, company parties and Monday Breakfast
🎁Birthday and Christmas Surprise
***Benefits & Perks vary by regions
💡 General Interview Hints
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding about our products, tech stack and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
If you apply for one of our engineering roles, you can pick one project (Jina, Dashboard, Examples) and work on one bug or new feature. Submit your work via pull request and pass the CICD. Then we will review it.
Note that not only the code, but also the coding style, documentations, commit style, affect our evaluation.
Product and Evangelist Role: Tell us about your understanding
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product related roles.
After playing with our products. We’d like to hear your feedback. What’s your view? What are the good and bad features? How can things be improved? What minimum resources (time & HR) do you need to get this done?
The more you can tell us, the more understanding we have about your skill set.
We are looking forward to meeting you!