Berlin - ML Product Manager (f/m/d）
Product Management /
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As a ML Product Manager, your primary responsibility is focusing on daily sprint activities and supporting the development of tech specs based on feature requests (user stories).
- Build-up deep understanding of the tech stack and developer process used within for the Jina product suite
- Assist in building and expanding Jina’s product vision
- Help translate functionality into technical requirements and acceptance criteria
- Manage daily product developer process , sprint , release and roadmap planning, making sure it aligns with higher level Product vision and strategy
- Ensure the smooth collaboration with the engineering team and communicate any challenges to meet technical and strategic goals
- Continuously update leadership team on current sprint status and planning cycle
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or related degree
- Machine Learning background
- 1-2 years of experience in software development
- Worked in Scrum team with sprints before with basic understanding of agile software development lifecycle
- Initial experience with methods and tools used within Product development; e.g. user experience/ stories mapping, product roadmap building & PM tools
- Strategic thinker, self-driven, with excellent prioritization and organization skills, ability to make difficult trade-off decisions
- Stellar collaboration skills and ability to influence teams without power
- Strong (technical) communication skills, ability to write crisp and clear tech. Specs. and explain key functionalities to developers & designers
- Interested in AI, search and of course Open Source
- Aspiration to grown into a the technical feature PM
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding of our products, tech stack, and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
Product and Dev-Rel Role: Tell us about the problem & solution
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way, you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product/dev rel-related roles.