Python Backend Engineer (f/m/d) - Berlin
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in February 2020, Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in open-source AI software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As Backend Engineer, your primary responsibility is to keep Jina framework (https://get.jina.ai) stable, scalable and state-of-the-art, by adapting latest cloud-native techniques. You will work with Jina community and our AI engineers to integrate the SOTA AI models into Jina.
- You will be expected to build and develop the different projects under Jina ecosystem with a huge focus on scalability and maintainability;
- You will have to apply the best development practices and make sure Jina is aligned with the best practices of containerization and cloud-native solutions;
- Your developments will have to put performance and scalability in the center and you will need to build good interfaces and abstractions for the users to interact with the frameworks;
- Master in Computer Science or related degree.
- 1y+ experience of building search systems; You will have the opportunity to work on problems related to search and AI, so good understanding of these technologies is great value;
- 1y+ experience with Cloud-Native techniques. Good understanding of web services, containerization, database, and modern software architectures.
- 1y+ experience on multi-threading/-processing programming.
- 1y+ experience on using Kubernetes and Docker swarm.
- 1y+ of using Approximate Nearest Neighbors libraries, e.g. faiss, mslib, annoy, scann, and etc.
- 1y+ experience on with Protobuf and gRPC.
- Most of the stack is in Python, but we believe that experience in other languages and frameworks is very valuable. You will be working in a very dynamic environment where hands-on attitude will be greatly valued.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors & designers
- Maintained/contributed open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CICD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control etc.
- Good English communication skills.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device