NLP Engineer (f/m/d)
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in February 2020, Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in open-source AI software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As NLP Engineer, your primary responsibility is to apply the Jina framework to various problems in the Natural Language Processing subdomain.
- You will be expected to contribute to the NLP team and to the Jina ecosystem in general;
- Develop and maintain Neural-Search based solutions for NLP;
- It is your responsibility to keep the Jina ecosystem aligned with AI and search technologies, in terms of quality, performance and scalability;
- Collaborate closely with the community and a multi-functional team of professional Software Engineers, ML Engineers, DevOps Engineers as well as the Developer Relations team.
- Master in Computer Science or related degree.
- 5y+ Python experience.
- 2y+ experience with NLP libraries and tooling: Spacy, sklearn, NLTK
- Knowledge of NLP-related architectures such as Transformers
- 2y+ in the search/AI-related field.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors.
- Contributed to open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CI/CD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud-Native techniques. Good understanding of web services and modern software technologies.
- Good English skills especially for writing and reading documentation.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device