Deep Learning Engineer Intern
Engineering Intern /
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As a Deep Learning intern engineer, your primary responsibility is to work together with the DL engineers to keep Jina framework state-of-the-art, by adapting the latest deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing technologies from the academic and open-source community.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or related degree.
- Hands on experience on deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, MXNet, PaddlePaddle. Able to implement the latest DL model using existing API, open-source libraries.
- Good understanding of the mainstream deep learning models from one of the domains: computer vision, NLP, reinforcement learning, model optimization, etc.
- Skilled at Python 3 programming language.
- Good English skills especially for writing and reading documentation.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & open source community.
- Have experience with Cloud-Native techniques. Good understanding of web services and modern software technologies.
- Familiar with the agile software development process, CI/CD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control, etc.
😊 Benefits & Perks
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💡 General Interview Hints
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding about our products, tech stack and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
If you apply for one of our engineering roles, you can pick one project (Jina, Dashboard, Examples) and work on one bug or new feature. Submit your work via pull request and pass the CICD. Then we will review it.
Note that not only the code, but also the coding style, documentations, commit style, affect our evaluation.
Product and Evangelist Role: Tell us about your understanding
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product related roles.
After playing with our products. We’d like to hear your feedback. What’s your view? What are the good and bad features? How can things be improved? What minimum resources (time & HR) do you need to get this done?
The more you can tell us, the more understanding we have about your skill set.