Remote-Developer Relations Evangelist/Manager(Devrel)
Dev Rel /
👐 About Us
We build "Tensorflow for search" or the next Elastic.
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020, backed by GGV Capital, Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As a Developer Relations Manager, your primary responsibilities are:
- Work with the Dev Rel team and make Jina as a super star in open source community.
- Connect with Jina community members to encourage activity - project contributions, user stories, support questions & answers, meetups, etc.
- Create blog posts, videos, docs, app samples and other content to inspire, educate, and grow our community.
- Speak to developers all around the world (in person or virtual) who are interested in using Jina.
- Collect feedback from the community and relay back to engineering.
- Identify and organize events for open-source AI communities.
- Put together technical presentations that keep attendees engaged and interested.
- An active GitHub presence is a must!! If you don't have this (or GitLa or Gitea), it's a no-go.
- Bachelor Degree or above
- At least 1 year experience as a developer advocate (or Evangelist), Python Developer (mobile/web/other), Product Manager with a developer background or Sales Engineer.
- A great presence on Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, your own blog/newsletter, etc
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- A clear desire to learn. Strong interpersonal skills and a really good listener.
- Python, git, markdown, bash
- AI, ML, DL, NLP, CV (able to talk about concrete use cases and implementation basics)
- Distributed systems
- Cloud platforms
- Experience with neural network, search engine infrastructure and docker
Technical proficiency in:
😊 Benefits & Perks
💵 Competitive salary
📈 Equity in one of the fastest growing AI open-source startup in the world
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
🏢 A feel-good workplace in Berlin-Mitte
🎳Regular team events, company parties and Monday Breakfast
🎁Birthday and Christmas Surprise
***Benefits & Perks vary by regions
💡 General Interview Hints
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding about our products, tech stack and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
If you apply for one of our engineering roles, you can pick one project (Jina, Dashboard, Examples) and work on one bug or new feature. Submit your work via pull request and pass the CICD. Then we will review it.
Note that not only the code, but also the coding style, documentations, commit style, affect our evaluation.
If you encounter any type of questions, feel free to join our Slack Community: https://slack.jina.ai/
Product and Evangelist Role: Tell us about your understanding
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product related roles.
After playing with our products. We’d like to hear your feedback. What’s your view? What are the good and bad features? How can things be improved? What minimum resources (time & HR) do you need to get this done?
The more you can tell us, the more understanding we have about your skill set.
We are looking forward to meeting you!