Golang Cloud / Backend Engineer
🙌 Who are we?
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $38M so far.
- A commercial opensource company focuses on cross-/multi-modal search intelligence.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world.
- Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
- A global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about building the next-generation of search intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and have a deep understanding of AI/ML.
- You are a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
😉 Why join us?
1. You will be part of the team that is changing the way people search and think about search.
2. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest AI technology and help shape the future of search.
3. You will be part of a fun and friendly team that is passionate about making a difference.
💼 About this position
As Golang Engineer, you would be one of the first engineers in the team with this specific profile, so you will have the capacity to have a direct impact on the team and its culture. We expect for you to bring and develop the internal knowledge of the team. Knowledge sharing and collaboration is key inside our working culture.
- Architect and develop the next generation of search systems powered by Jina to the Cloud using Kubernetes.
- Help Jina become a cloud-native ecosystem for developing multi-modal and cross-modal applications.
- Be one of the cloud-native evangelists inside the company. Your knowledge and experience need to impact every team in the company.
- Take part on the design, development and testing of features.
- Align with internal and external stakeholders on the requirements.
- Participate on code reviews and help more junior engineers to grow.
- 3+ years experience with Golang.
- 3+ years experience deploying applications in production with K8s.
- Extensive knowledge about Kubernetes architecture and components (Controllers, Operators, CRD, ReplicaSets, StatefulSets).
- Knowledge and interest on trends on Cloud Native world.
- Team player and proactive.
- Python experience and knowledge.
- Having experience deploying Machine Learning based products is a plus.
- Previous experience with Search Systems.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive Salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS conference
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment