Python Engineer Intern (f/m/d)
Engineering Intern /
🙌 Who we are?
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $38M so far.
- A commercial opensource company focuses on cross-/multi-modal search intelligence.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world.
- Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
- A global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
✨ Who do we want?
- Be passionate about opensource, AI.
- Play along with colleagues and opensource community.
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership.
- Grow fast, learn fast.
💼 About this position
As a Python Engineer, you would work closely with our engineering team and gain the opportunity in experience of working closely with supporting our team in expanding our multi-modality platform, working with unstructured data, and assisting in actively contributing to the opensource community.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Working closely with the engineering team to contribute to our open source Python libraries
- Working on actively implementing and maintaining features for opensource via the use of our data structure for unstructured data (Python library DocArray)
- Expanding multi-modality support related to image, text, and audio processing
- Engaging with the community on solving specific challenges and bringing these requirements into various projects
- Supporting the community for Docarray and Jina repo by triaging and solving issues
Requirements for this position would include:
- Individuals with a solid computer science background
- Individuals with a deep understanding of algorithms, data structures and knowledge of how to write efficient code (time & space)
- Individuals with a solid proficiency in Python, more specifically those with experience in writing/maintaining python library/projects
- We're looking for self-motivated and autonomous workers, who take ownership and initiative in their own work
- Knowledgable individuals of neural search and vector search
- Those who have contributions to open source projects
- Practical experience in machine Learning
- Solid experience in Docker, Bash, CICD
- Solid experience with microservices and networking
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive Salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS conference
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux laptop