Opensource Product Manager (f/m/d)
Product Management /
🙌 Who are we?
- A commercial open source company that focuses on MLOps platform for multimodal and neural search.
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
As an Opensource Product Manager, we are seeking out individuals who consider themselves as strategic thinkers, that are self-driven, with excellent prioritization and organization skills, and who have the ability to make difficult trade-off decisions and who are passionate about contributing to the opensource community.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Build-up deep understanding of the tech stack and developer process used within for the Jina product suite
- Assist in building and expanding Jina’s product vision
- Help translate functionality into technical requirements and acceptance criteria
- Manage daily product developer process , sprint , release and roadmap planning, making sure it aligns with higher level Product vision and strategy
- Ensure the smooth collaboration with the engineering team and communicate any challenges to meet technical and strategic goals
- Continuously update leadership team on current sprint status and planning cycle
Requirements for this position would include:
- A Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science or related fields
- A solid Machine Learning background
- Min. 1-2 years of experience in software development
- Work experience in Scrum teams with sprints and those with a basic understanding of agile software development lifecycle
- Initial experience with methods and tools used within Product development; e.g. user experience/ stories mapping, product roadmap building & PM tools
- Individuals with excellent collaboration skills and ability to assist team members in reaching decisions
- Strong (technical) communication skills, and the ability to write top notch and clear tech. Specs. and explain those who have key functionality in developers & designers
- Individuals with a deep interest in AI, search, and of course Open Source
- Those with an aspiration to grow into the technical feature PM
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters. For engineering candidates, after this interview candidates will receive an email and be asked to complete an offline code challenge. On average the candidates can finish it in 30 minutes.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with two team members from the relevant team. For engineering candidates, the team will examine the quality of the offline challenge during the interview; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute interview with CXO.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.