Developer Advocate - Berlin (f/m/d)
Dev Rel /
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As a Developer Advocate, your primary responsibilities are:
- Work with the Dev Rel team and make Jina as a super star in opensource community
- Connect with Jina community members to encourage activity - project contributions, user stories, support questions & answers, meetups, etc.
- Create blog posts, app samples and other content to help inspire, educate, and grow the Jina community
- Speak to developers all around the world (in person or virtual) who are interested in using Jina.
- Recognize trends in feedback from the community and relay that information back to engineering.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify and create events that are relevant for AI open source software communities.
- Put together technical presentations that keep attendees engaged and interested.
- Bachelor Degree or above
- At least 1 year experience as a developer advocate (Dev Rel advocate or Evangelist), developer (mobile/web/other), product manager with a developer background or sales engineer.
- A great presence on Github, personal page, Twitter, slideshare/Speaker Deck etc.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Technical proficiency in:
- AI, ML, DL, NLP, CV savvy (able to talk about machine data processing in SQL and integration)
- Distributed systems
- Cloud platforms
- A clear desire to learn. Strong interpersonal skills and a really good listener.
- Bonus points: experience with neural network, search engine infrastructure and docker
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding of our products, tech stack, and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
Product and Dev-Rel Role: Tell us about the problem & solution
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way, you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product/dev rel-related roles.