Machine Learning Scientist (f/m/d)
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As a Machine Learning Scientist, your primary responsibility is to keep Jina ecosystem state-of-the-art, by adapting the latest deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing technologies from the academic and open-source community.
- Preferably PhD/Master in Machine Learning.
- Familiar with Transfer Learning, Representation Learning, Few-shot Learning, Meta-Learning.
- Publications in top-tier conferences, such as ICML/NIPS/JMLR/SIGIR/AAAI.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors.
- 3y+ experience on deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch. Able to implement the latest DL model using existing API, open-source libraries in a short time.
- Contributed to open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CI/CD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control, etc.
- Good English skills especially for writing and reading publications.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding of our products, tech stack, and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
Product and Dev-Rel Role: Tell us about the problem & solution
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way, you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product/dev rel-related roles.