Dev Rel /
👐 About Us
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
✨Who do we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As Community/Event Manager, you work with the Dev Rel team to make the Jina community stay active and healthily grow. Your primary responsibilities are:
- Event-as-a-product: develop & manage Jina related events strategically with creativity;
- Develop in-person & online events that are impactful in neural search, AI, opensource industries, strengthen Jina and ecosystem community activeness;
- Plan and manage the event resources, partners, speakers, logistics, budgets with a strong ROI mindset.
- Analyze event performance, including de-briefs and wrap-up reports, to help the company understand the audiences and communities in data-driven analysis.
- Bachelor's degree and above
- At least 3 years experience with Technical Event Management and operations, preferably within the Software industry
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.(Multi-language skill is definitely a plus)
- A great presence on Github, personal page, Twitter, slideshare/Speaker Deck etc.
- A clear desire to learn. Strong interpersonal skills and a really good listener.
- High energy, outgoing, teammate with a “can do” personality. Ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Accommodate dynamic working schedules to support events (including weekends when needed).
- Bonus Points: Technical proficiency in: AI, ML, DL, NLP, CV savvy (able to talk about machine data processing in SQL and integration)
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰Competitive Salary & Stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux device
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding of our products, tech stack, and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
Product and Dev-Rel Role: Tell us about the problem & solution
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way, you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product/dev rel-related roles.