Senior Product Manager - AI (f/m/d)
Product Management /
🙌 Who are we?
- A commercial open source company that focuses on MLOps platform for multimodal and neural search.
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
As a Senior Product Manager, we are seeking out individuals who consider themselves as strategic thinkers, that are self-driven, with excellent prioritization and organization skills, and who have the ability to make difficult trade-off decisions and who are passionate about promoting and growing Jina!
Your main responsibilities would be:
- To build a deeper understanding of the tech stack and developer process used within the Jina product suite
- To be an active member in building and expanding the Jina ecosystem production strategy
- Accountability of production strategy planning and execution, exL conducting solid market analyses to address proper GTM strategies associated with product development planning
- Manage product development processes, sprint, release, and roadmap planning, making sure it aligns with higher-level Product vision and strategy
- To ensure smooth collaboration between our engineering team and communicate any challenges in order to meet technical and strategic goals
- To continuously update our leadership team on current sprint statuses and planning cycles
Requirements for this position would include:
- A Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning and AI technologies
- Analytical minds, with experience in analytics/data insight product
- Min. 1-2 years of experience in software development
- Work experience in Scrum teams with sprints and those with a basic understanding of agile software development lifecycle
- Individuals with experience in methods and tools used within Product development; e.g. user experience/ stories mapping, product roadmap building & PM tools
- Individuals with excellent collaboration skills and ability to assist team members in reaching decisions
- Strong (technical) communication skills, and the ability to write top notch and clear tech. Specs. and explain those who have key functionality in developers & designers
- Individuals with a deep interest in AI, search, and of course Open Source
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters. For engineering candidates, after this interview candidates will receive an email and be asked to complete an offline code challenge. On average the candidates can finish it in 30 minutes.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with two team members from the relevant team. For engineering candidates, the team will examine the quality of the offline challenge during the interview; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute interview with CXO.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.