Principal Software Engineer (f/m/d)
🙌 Who are we?
- A commercial open source company that focuses on MLOps platform for multimodal and neural search.
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
- Build tightly integrated user-facing deployment pipelines for Jina based products, while working with the solutions engineering team.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, scale - maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
- Participate in all aspects of the SDLC for cloud-based solutions, including planning, development, quality assurance, maintenance and CICD.
- 6+ years of experience in building/integrating software using Python.
- 1+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS/GCP.
- 1+ years of experience using state of the art cloud-technologies to run modern applications such as K8S, Serverless etc.
- Prior experience in building and managing live systems would be a plus.
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters. For engineering candidates, after this interview candidates will receive an email and be asked to complete an offline code challenge. On average the candidates can finish it in 30 minutes.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with two team members from the relevant team. For engineering candidates, the team will examine the quality of the offline challenge during the interview; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute interview with CXO.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.