Senior Software Engineer - Remote
🙌 Who we are?
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $38M so far.
- A commercial opensource company focuses on cross-/multi-modal search intelligence.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world.
- Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
- A global team of 50 with four offices: Berlin (HQ), San Jose, Shenzhen, and Beijing.
✨ Who do we want?
- Be passionate about opensource, AI.
- Play along with colleagues and opensource community.
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership.
- Grow fast, learn fast.
💼 About this position
- Master in Computer Science or related degree.
- 1y+ experience of building search systems
- 1y+ experience with Cloud-Native techniques. Good understanding of web services, containerization, database, and modern software architectures.
- 1y+ experience on multi-threading/-processing programming.
- 1y+ experience on using Kubernetes and Docker swarm.
- 1y+ of using Approximate Nearest Neighbors libraries, e.g. faiss, mslib, annoy, scann, and etc.
- 1y+ experience on with Protobuf and gRPC.
- Passionate about search & AI technologies. Open to collaborating with colleagues & external contributors & designers
- Maintained/contributed open-source projects, familiar with the agile software development process, CICD workflow, ticket management, code-review, version control etc.
- Good English communication skills.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive Salary & stock options
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS conference
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💻 MacBook or top Linux latop