Senior Mechanical Engineer
Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading design, development, and enhancement efforts for Wireless/Base Station Antenna/Cavity Filter/RF Connection and other related products;
- Deep understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including material properties, tolerance analysis, solid mechanics, and thermodynamics
- Experience developing electro-mechanical designs for high-volume, reliable products
- Experience leading teams of engineers (either direct reports or as a technical leader). High energy, detailed-oriented personality with a passion for leading.
- Excellent prioritization, cross-functional teamwork and written and verbal communication
- Familiar with multi-functional manufacturing techniques such as injection molding, machining, die casting, sheet metal forming, PCB fabrication, aluminum and thermoplastic extrusion, and electronic assembly processes, designing for such
- Experience performing and designing mechanical/environmental test methods and data analysis.
- Use problem solving and analytical thinking to be both innovative and practical in approach
- Implement and enforcement of ISO 9001/14001 standards
- Apply mechanical engineering best practices during the creation of complex mechanical drawings, parts and assemblies which meet the system-level design requirements
- Supervise continual improvement to product or service,
- Achieve cost reduction targets on our high-volume Wireless/RF products without sacrificing product quality;
- Integral part of new product development teams and work from conception through production;
- Product development using SolidWorks software;
- Structural and thermal analysis capability utilizing ANSYS and Icepak simulation tools
- Organize and participate in product design reviews;
- Prototyping /modeling design;
- Create mechanical engineering design specifications
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, RF Engineering or related engineering field, Master's preferred
- Have 10+ years of engineering/design experience, 5+ years in Wireless Communication Products
- Have familiarity with manufacturing processes including PCB fabrication, sheet metal forming processes, CNC machining, plastic injection molding, plastic and aluminum extrusion processes, die casting and electronic assembly
- Familiarity designing products for a high-volume manufacturing environment is preferred
- Be creative and possess superior organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.