Radio System Verification Engineer
Plano, Texas /
Engineering & Technology – 5G Digital Design /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA Wireless is looking for a Radio System Verification Engineer to join our team in Plano, TX.
The Radio System Verification Engineer will work on cellular radios as part of a full RAN system, defining verification requirements and test plans, implementing test benches and tests, executing test plans, and debugging issues in RTL, Firmware, and integration. Working with a dynamic team locally and across different sites, the engineer will work on RTL simulation with Verilog and Python verification components, standalone FPGA test environments, and system level test environments, all to make sure the design performs the desired functionality and works with real wireless devices. Success depends on collaboration in planning, execution and debug with hardware design, FW developers, RTL design and verification, RF design and verification, and system level testing.
- Verify the functionality of radios within the context of a system level test
- Create, review, and publish test plans and reports for radio products
- Discover and debug FPGA and FW failures before getting to QA
- Support, debug, and help root cause escaped failures in QA or customer environment in the end environment and reproducing in our lab.
- Document debug processes for diagnosing common issues in radios to assist in common setup issues and in reducing time to reproduce, root cause, and fix issues.
- Developing and supporting regression test frameworks to maintain and constantly improve quality of the products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years working experience in cellular testing
- Proficient in LTE and/or 5G specifications and experience in cellular testing, preferably baseband.
- Proficient with Linux command line, package management, and networking configuration as well as configuring network switches
- Familiar with Jira or similar issue tracking system
- Initiative, self-motivated, dynamic, highly communicative and a great team player.
- Experience with cellular test and debug tools, such as Wireless Analyzers and UE simulators
- Experience with RF test equipment, such as Spectrum Analyzers and Signal Generators
- Experience with FPGA and embedded firmware debug techniques
- Experience with Python and/or LabVIEW for test automation
- Experience with test plan documentation and tracking
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.