Facilities Maintenance Technician
Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Facilities /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Tasks and Activities:
- Performing assigned functions in a highly motivated, team based workforce that is flexible and able to provide immediate response to facility related issues in support of a 24-hour Manufacturing Operation:
- Maintenance, cleaning, and repair of facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Completion of assigned projects and daily tasks, and entering status in work order system.
- Coordinating with Facilities Manager and work order system to complete general facility maintenance, including but not limited to: Safety, Equipment, Facilities cleaning, Facility Expansion, premises seasonal maintenance needs (mowing, weed whacking, shoveling, snow blowing, etc.)
- Anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Making recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Addressing or calling attention to immediate safety hazards.
- Obtaining approval of new chemicals prior to bringing into the facility.
- Transferring chemicals in a manner that prevents spills and ensuring chemical containers are properly labeled.
- Follow proper disposal of spent/unused chemicals.
- Performing environmental inspections and recorded as planned.
- Supporting the Plant EH & S Coordinator.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills.
Metrics for the Position:
- Meet established Safety, Environmental, Quality, Delivery, and Cost goals, along with OSHA, 5S, and ISO Standards.
- Completing assigned daily schedules.
- Complying with ISO Standards.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with HVAC, Plumbing, lawn care, and air compressor units is helpful.
- The ability to read and interpret system generated work orders.
- The ability to follow assembly and maintenance instructions.
- The ability to multi-task, working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Organization, communication, judgment, and problem solving skills.
- Computer- work order system.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses required. Occasional hearing protection required.
- Foul weather gear for all weather conditions.
- General mechanical and electrical hand tools, multi-meter, temp gun, hammer, saw, wrench.
- General landscape equipment; shovels, snow blower, etc.
- 75% Normal factory environment. Occasional work in harsh environmental conditions; rain, snow, extreme cold, extreme heat
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.