Senior Electrical Engineer - Remote NY and PA
Engineering & Technology – Transmission Line Systems Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design low power hardware electronics (PCBAs) for Embedded Systems;
- Design, develop, and maintain Remote Electrical Tilts (RETs) for macro cell antennas; Power monitor/control systems for cell site Power Management; Analog to Digital modem communication interface modules; and other telecom/wireless embedded control systems;
- Design and develop embedded microcontroller systems for controlling stepper motors, linear motors, and other electronic devices
- Develop firmware control functions and communication with customer eNodeB controllers.
- Specify new hardware requirements for new systems per new standards and internal specifications
- Design power supplies for telecom application that meet power and noise requirements set in applicable standards
- Research, develop, and experiment with innovative ideas for high power systems to increase energy efficiency and reduce power loss
- 5+ years of experience in an Electrical Engineering role working with digital electronics
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Master's degree preferred
- Experience in embedded design work with full ownership of hardware design, development, and test
- In-depth knowledge of digital circuits and layouts, including I2C, SPI, UART, power/in-rush; Experience with ARM/Cortex processors is a plus
- Experience with embedded systems firmware and low-level driver interface
- Experience with C and python is a plus
- There will be 20% travel to our Liverpool, NY facility to work with our Antenna Design teams
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.